Monday, February 18, 2008

Are you now, or have you ever been, a vegan?

Being a vegetarian, I was quite amused by this post on Mike Walter's blog. He's the morning co-anchor on WUSA-TV, the DC area CBS affiliate:
I don't know about you, but I slept a lot better last night. I went to bed knowing deep down that the government is in good hands. Maybe it's just me, but last time I checked our country was at war in Iraq and Afghanistan. So many people in this country are suffering and losing their homes to foreclosure. Oh and did I mention it appears our country is thundering towards a recession. Maybe I forgot to mention that we are leaving an enormous debt for our children and grandchildren to pay off. New Orleans is still suffering and in need of help. If you are in Congress you might need to think about these issues. Nah what am I thinking!

Forget about Waterboarding and whether our country should be spying on us, no America and Congress needs to know, in fact we must know, is Roger Clemens a Vegan! I was listening on C-Span radio yesterday to the Congressional hearing. I know one thing Clemens is smart and crafty. One Congressman moved in and tried to pin him down on the Vegan issue.

Congressman: 'Are you a Vegan?"

Clemens is trapped! Even though I'm listening to it on the radio, I can tell he's squirming, and uncomfortable. How is he going to get out of this jam? He certainly can't throw a fastball or a curveball this time can he? In a stroke of genius he decides not to answer the question. Does he plead the fifth? No he's too tricky for that.

Clemens: "Um, uh, um, uh, um I uh, I don't know what that is!"

It's incredible, but this exchange between Congressman Bruce Braley and steroid-use-denying baseball pitcher Roger Clemens actually did occur.

The Constitution obviously doesn't include intelligence as a prerequisite for Congressional service.

No comments: